Training Grant Matching Fund Program
The Graduate School provides matching funds for pre-doctoral training grant applications to improve the competitiveness of training grant applications and to help leverage other internal sources of matching support. Questions regarding the Training Grant Matching Fund Program should be directed to the Dean's office at email@example.com.
Priority given to applications that:
- require institutional matching fund by the funding agencies.
- have secured matching support from other University unit(s) such as department, college, and/or center/institute.
- have been selected to be the institutional representative(s) for NSF IGERT
Matching amount depends on:
- the total direct cost requested to the funding agency
- the number of pre-doctoral trainees that will be supported on the grant per year
- the average stipend currently being offered by the trainees' programs
- the amount of matching support from other University unit(s)
- fund availability of the current year budget allocation
- complete the Request for Training Grant Matching Fund Form with appropriate information and signatures
- submit to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than four weeks before the application is due at Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA)
- if approved, a commitment memo will be provided
Note: If the actual award amount is less than the requested amount, the level of matching support from the Graduate School may be prorated.