Applying for Readmission
Students who were previously, but are no longer active in a U of M graduate program must apply for readmission before resuming study. Most readmission applications require a 75-dollar processing fee.
Note – if you are currently registered for Grad 999 or if you registered this semester but canceled your courses, you are still considered an active student and do not need to submit a readmission application.
There are two types of Readmission Applications. The "Express Readmission" option is available to applicants who are resuming the same degree and major in which they were enrolled. Applicants wanting to return to a different major or degree level must submit the online application. Detailed instructions for each type of application are below:
Students who are returning to the same degree and program may use the Express Readmission application, subject to program approval.
- Contact your program to verify that you are eligible for Express Readmission. Individual programs have the discretion to require the online application for any reason.
- Download and complete Express Readmission Form, then submit it to your program for your DGS's signature.
- Submit the signed Readmission Application to the Office of Graduate Admissions in 309 Johnston Hall or via email to email@example.com (Your program may also submit this form on your behalf.)
- If your Readmission Application requires a fee, Admissions Office staff will contact you via email with payment instructions.
Online Application for Readmission
Students who wish to return to a different major or degree level must use the online application; as do any students whose program request the online application for readmission.
- Contact your program of interest to determine specifc application requirements, deadlines and whether additional materials (such as GRE scores or recommendation letters) are required.
- Access the online application and create a new application account
- Complete the application according to your program's instructions.
- Pay the 75-dollar fee through the application payment gateway, then submit the application.