2014 GEC Election Results
The following faculty were elected:
• Marilyn Bruin, Department of Design
• Sabrina Trudo, Department of Food Science and Nutrition
• B. Jan McCulloch, Department of Family Social Science
• Carissa Schively-Slotterback, Department of Urban and Regional Planning
• Kathleen Thomas, Institute for Child Development
• Randall Victora, Electrical and Computer Engineering
• Emi Ito, Department of Earth Sciences
• Michael Goldman, Department of Sociology
• Jay Austin, Department of Physics (UMD)
These faculty will join the ongoing GEC members in fall 2014. Their terms will expire in spring 2017. The Graduate Education Council is an elected body that was created in 2010 when graduate education at the University went through restructuring. It has since functioned as an advisory council to the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Education.
The Graduate School looks forward to working with the newly elected and continuing GEC members as we work collaboratively to further enhance the quality of our graduate programs and to advance the University’s goal of providing an excellent graduate education experience for our students.