Graduate Program Application Instruction page
To help your graduate program we've created the template below. Much of this information comes from a current graduate program page. We've tried to draft this template with the idea that your program web page is the primary source of information for deadlines and of specific requirements. Links can then lead to Graduate School Admissions web pages as necessary (e.g. , the transcript upload process, etc.).
- A four-year B.S. degree in a biology related field with a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required for admission, but these scores will be taken into account if they are provided.
- Students whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from one of the following English proficiency examinations mentioned in the chart below.
- December 20 is the application deadline, we admit for fall semester only.
Application Process – How to Apply
- Submit all application materials electronically through the ApplyYourself admissions system. See the chart below for specific instructions.
How to Submit:
Required fields: Personal Information, Application Information, Educational Background, Languages, Awards & Activities, Employment/Residence Information, Financial Support, Applicant Statements #1 & #2, and Recommendations.
Optional fields: All other fields or application materials are optional, but will be taken into consideration if submitted.
|Application Fee||Click here for more information about fees.|
Unofficial transcripts or academic records should be uploaded directly to the online application. International students should also upload an English translation if the transcript is not in English. Please do not mail in paper copies of your transcripts, there is no need for official transcripts or academic records for initial review.
If you are admitted, the University will then request official copies of this material.
Click here for important information about uploading your transcripts and credentials.
|Letters of Recommendation||Acceptable recommendations will come from current or former professors who can assess your potential for graduate work. Other recommenders, such as employers, are also acceptable. Paper copies are not accepted, you must use the recommendation system in ApplyYourself.|
|English Language test scores
(TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
|Click here for more information about English language test scores.|
|Program application||Complete this program application [INSERT LINK TO YOUR PDF or Word form ] and upload it under Graduate Program Additional Application in the Program Supplementary Information section in ApplyYourself.|
How to Submit:
|Publications||Upload your publications and articles into the Other Information portion on the Graduate Program Supplementary Information section of the ApplyYourself online application.|
Our department does not require GRE scores for admission, but if submitted they will be taken into consideration. Scores should be entered in the Test Information-Self-Reported field in ApplyYourself.
Click here for more information about the GRE.