Welcome New Graduate Program Staff!
This page is for staff and/or faculty new to their role as a Graduate Program Coordinator. Below is a list of tasks that you'll want to complete as you settle in to your new position.
- Request access to admissions systems (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ApplyYourself (required)
- Connect (CRM, optional)
- AppReview (online application review, optional)
- Review the Admissions Process Overview to learn the basic application process and the role of our office.
- Explore the Graduate Admissions Toolkit
- Create a test application to see our application system from an applicant’s point of view (start your application here, just like real applicant. Complete the entire application, just don’t submit!)
- While completing a test application, review your program’s application instructions to make sure they are up-to-date. Look for:
- References to “ApplyYourself” – change to generic language like “graduate application”
- Deadlines dates - do they need updating?
- Meet with graduate admissions staff for an introductory training.
- Review/update automated recruitment emails, if applicable (contact Suzan Koroglu (email@example.com for more information)
- Join the GPC Network!
- Verify your program’s information on the Graduate School’s Program directory page.
- Contact Graduate Student Services and Progress (email firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an introductory training of graduate policies, graduate student milestones and processes, and degree clearance procedures.
- Learn about other systems that may be relevant to your work:
- Local network drives
- PerceptiveContent (formerly ImageNow)
- ECAS, ECS, PCAS
- myU Reporting Center