Dolores Zohrab Liebmann
Instructions to Nominators and Applicants for Fellowships in 2018-19
Program Nomination Deadline: 12:00 noon, Friday, December 15, 2017
This national competition is open to graduate students with outstanding character and ability, who hold promise for achievement and distinction in their chosen field of study, and who demonstrate a need for financial assistance. Students must be enrolled at the University of Minnesota and must be U.S. citizens.
- must have an outstanding undergraduate record (minimum 3.5 GPA)
- must demonstrate a need for financial assistance in 2018-19 (student is not receiving full tuition support from current program)
- must be pursuing a post-baccalaureate degree at the University of Minnesota
- must be a citizen of the United States.
Areas of funding interest, from the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund website:
- Graduate school fellowships in any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture, or other formal professional training). The selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors.
- Research or study projects that must be carried out entirely in the United States.
- Research focusing on Armenian studies, Armenian history and Armenian literature of the nineteenth century or earlier.
$18,000 annual stipend and tuition, renewable for up to three years of support.
For nominees and programs: What documentation is required?
For programs: Program nomination procedure
Nominees will be selected based on the criteria indicated by the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund Trustees. Successful nominees will:
- have outstanding undergraduate records,
- demonstrate substantial educational debt,
- hold promise for distinction in their chosen fields of study, and
- show outstanding character.
Departments will be notified of the nomination selection outcome. The University of Minnesota may forward up to three nominations to the national Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowship competition.
For additional information on the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund Fellowship, please go to the JPMorgan website, http://fdnweb.org/liebmann/