Program Nomination Deadline: Noon, December 15, 2017
Each nomination is uploaded by program staff, as a single PDF to the electronic nomination form, and must include:
1. 2018-19 Liebmann Fund Application (electronic document provided by Private Foundation Services, J.P. Morgan)
2. Personal vitae or resume
3. Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
4. Copies of graduate exam test scores (if not applicable, include statement explaining why)
5. Statement of Purpose
6. At least two letters of recommendation
7. Copy of nominee's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
8. Copy of nominee's Financial Aid Summary from the University of Minnesota
9. Copies of Federal Income Tax Returns for the prior two years, including spouse's returns, if applicable
The nomination packet should be in the following order:
- 2018-19 Liebmann Fund Application
- This application form was created by the Trustee, JPMorgan, for use in the national Dolores Liebmann Fellowship Fund competition.
- Personal vitae or resume.
- Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Unofficial University of Minnesota transcipts may be printed by the student.
- IMPORTANT: Nominees selected for the national competition will be required to provide official certified copies of all transcripts before the national submission deadline, January 22, 2018.
- Copy of graduate exam test scores. (If not applicable, please include a statement that explains why it is not applicable.)
- Statement of Purpose, including a 10-15 line abstract at the top of the first page.
- Up to three pages, double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman type, with margins not less than one inch, with a 10-15 line abstract at the top of the page.
- The abstract must explain, in layman's terms, the essence of your proposed topic of study or dissertation, the methodology of its treatment and its anticipated impact on your field of study.
- The Statement of Purpose must consider the relationship between graduate level study and intended personal and /or professional goals.
- Letters of recommendation from at least two professors who have taught or worked closely with the nominee.
- Letters should be sent to the program/department prior to the nomination deadline, for inclusion in the nomination packet.
- Copy of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Copy of your Financial Aid Summary from the University of Minnesota.
- Copies of Federal Income Tax Returns for the prior two years, including spouse's returns, if applicable.
Instructions to the Applicant:
Contact your program/department about internal selection procedures and deadlines.