Doctoral Dissertation Conference Presentation Grant
For 2017-18 Doctoral Dissertation Fellows
Noon, on the 7th of each month, September 2017 to May 2018
The final date to apply for summer 2018 is noon, May 7, 2018
To support presentation of dissertation research at a conference while on DDF tenure.
- Twin Cities metropolitan area: Stipend equal to the conference registration fee
- National or international conference: Stipend of $1,000
- Funds from this grant may not duplicate another award received for the same purpose. However, expenses beyond those covered by this award may be supplemented by another award.
- Grant award recipient agrees to submit a brief report confirming conference presentation within one month of event. Submit report to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a 2017-18 Doctoral Dissertation Fellow on stipend during the month in which the request for funding is reviewed.
Must have confirmation of acceptance to present the dissertation research at a local, national or international conference.
Retroactive requests for funding may be submitted provided the conference did not occur prior to July 1, 2017.
Must not have received a previous DDF Conference Presentation Grant (one time award).
Please submit a single PDF file of your request to email@example.com.
- Include "DDF Conference Presentation Grant for YourName" in the subject line of your email.
A complete request includes:
- The DDF Conference Grant Application for 2017-18, signed by the applicant and the adviser,
- a copy of the acceptance notice to present your work, and
- Cc your adviser when submitting the application.
- Applications are reviewed on the 7th of each month, beginning September 7, 2017 and ending on May 7, 2018. Applications received after noon on the 7th will be considered in the following month’s submissions. For months when the 7th falls on a weekend, the effective deadline becomes noon the following Monday.
- Notification of the grant decision will be sent by email within five business days of the monthly review date.