How do I check my application status?
To check on the status of your application, simply log back in to the same ApplyYourself admissions system you used to submit your online application. The screen you see will include information on:
- Submission Status
- Recommendation Providers
- Application Status (transcripts and official test scores)
- Decision Status
What does each status mean?
Different status updates will appear on your status update page as your application moves towards a decision. Here's what each status means:
- Application Received - Your online application has been received, including any documents that you uploaded (transcripts, statements, etc.).
- Application Incomplete - Your online application is missing credentials. Please contact Graduate Admissions if you are uncertain what to provide.
- Awaiting Program Decision - Your transcripts have been checked and your program is reviewing your application.
- Final Review -Your program has made its admission decision and University officials are doing a very quick (usually within two business days) final review of your materials before sending out the decision notification.
- Decision Made - A decision has been made and will be ready for you to view within one business day.
During peak application season we receive hundreds of applications per day, each of which is reviewed by a staff member in our office. Please allow several days after your submission for your status to be updated. While we understand your desire to ensure that we have received your materials, it is very difficult for us to verify individual applications over the phone or via email; and this can delay the processing of your application.
Thank you for applying to the University of Minnesota!