INTERDISCIPLINARY DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP FOR 2019-20
ELECTRONIC NOMINATION PROCEDURE
Program Nomination Deadline: Noon, Friday, November 16, 2018
- The DGS or designated program support staff authorized to work with graduate student records will need to complete an electronic nomination for each IDF nominee.
- Programs are not limited in the number of students they may nominate.
- A complete nomination includes:
Electronic Nomination Form
A single PDF uploaded to the Nomination Form that includes in this order:
1. Nominee's application
2. Nominee's curriculum vitae
3. Nominee's research proposal
4. Letter of endorsement from host center or institute
5. Letter(s) of support from faculty mentor(s) in host center or institute
6. Letter of support from advisor/co-advisors (may be co-authored)
7. Unofficial U of M graduate transcript, with explanation of incompletes
8. Proof of IRB/IACUC approval, if applicable
ACCESSING THE ELECTRONIC FORM
1. Create a Program Login to access the nomination form.
- Create one username/password to upload all program nominations.
- If more than one staff person will be viewing/updating program nominations (e.g., DGS and Program Level Coordinator / DGS Assistant), be sure to create a username/password that can be shared.
2. Create the First Electronic Nomination:
Go to the electronic nomination form (login), complete the required fields, and upload a PDF of the required documents. Select either SAVE/UPDATE or SUBMIT.
SAVE/UPDATE - You will remain in the form and may continue editing.
SUBMIT - You will exit the form. A nomination confirmation email will be sent to the DGS and to the support staff indicated on the electronic form.
- Both options will save the nomination, overwriting any previously saved/submitted information, and enable Graduate School staff to access the information.
- Both options will allow program staff to continue editing the nomination until the application deadline.
- Faculty reviewers will not view saved/submitted information until after the nomination deadline.
3. Add Additional Nominations or Update Existing Nominations:
Programs may continue to edit the nomination until the nomination deadline.
- To add additional nominations after creating the first record, login as "Returning User" and select "START NEW" at the top of the page.
- To update existing nominations, login as "Returning User" and select the pencil icon at the left of the screen.
4. Confirm receipt of the nomination:
Login and select SUBMIT at the bottom of the form. An email will be sent to the Director of Graduate Studies and to the support staff indicated on the electronic form.
- To print a record of the nomination, login to the nomination form and print the record.
- To print or view the uploaded PDF, login to the nomination form and click on the PDF file (see screen shot below):
If you still have questions after reviewing this page, please contact the Graduate Fellowships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.