Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship (IDF) for 2019-20
To be considered for an Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship (IDF), students must meet the following criteria:
- Ph.D. student in good standing with their program at the University of Minnesota;
- Have an intended graduation term of no earlier than spring 2021*;
- Able to demonstrate that they are making timely degree progress.
Students who have received an Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship (IDF) or a Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (DDF) from the Graduate School in the past are not eligible.
*Students who are not qualified for the IDF fellowship due to their intended graduation term should instead apply for the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship.
Duplicate Awards - Recipients may not hold concurrently a second fellowship, scholarship, grant, or similar award that duplicates the benefits of the Fellowship.
Supplementation - Recipients may hold supplemental support up to the value of a 25-percent graduate assistantship from any source in each semester.
Terms of Award - Recipients must be in residence during the fellowship year and must be registered for graduate credit both semesters (fall and spring).
Application is contingent upon:
- endorsement by the host center or institute
- the willingness of faculty from the host center or institute to mentor the student during the fellowship year
- program nomination
If you still have questions after reviewing this page, please contact the Graduate Fellowships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.