Master's Committee Information
Most graduate programs require that committee members have Graduate Education Responsibilities (GER) in the field they represent (major field or minor/outside of the major field). Advisers and committee members must also meet college-specific requirements to carry out graduate education responsibilities.
Final examination committee:
The final examination committee must consist of at least three members, including the adviser/s. All members of the committee and the student must participate in the final examination.
- At least one member must represent a field outside the student’s major field.
- If the student has a declared minor(s), the outside member(s) must be from the minor field(s).
- Members cannot satisfy the requirement with respect to more than one field.
- Must represent the major field on the examination committee.
- May serve as chair for the final examination
Co-adviser (if any):
- May represent the major field or the outside/minor field
- May serve as chair for the final examination.
Thesis reviewers (Plan A only):
- Assigned committee members also serve as thesis reviewers for the Plan A.