Check Your Application Status
You can always check the status of your application materials online, even after you submit!
- To check your status, simply log back in to the same ApplyYourself admissions system you used to submit your online application.
- You will see the Application for Admission section (pictured below), which contains important updates about the status of your application, recommendations, any standardized tests (like GRE or TOEFL), and your transcripts.
- You will also be notified periodically via email as your application is reviewed and a decision is made.
During peak application season we receive hundreds of applications per day, each of which is reviewed by a staff member in our office. Please allow several days after your submission for your status to be updated. While we understand your desire to ensure that we have received your materials, it is very difficult for us to verify individual applications over the phone or via email; and this can delay the processing of your application.
Example of a status update page:
- You can also view your application in PDF format, where you can see both self-reported and official test scores.
What's my status?
There are a few different status updates that will appear on your status update page as your application moves towards a decision.
Here's what each one means:
- Application Received - your online application has been received, including any documents that have been uploaded (transcripts, statements, etc.).
- Awaiting Program Decision - your transcripts have been checked and your program is reviewing your application.
- Final Review - your program has made its admission decision and University officials are doing a very quick (usually within two business days) final review of your materials before sending out the decision notification.
- Decision Made - a decision has been made and will be ready for you to view within one business day.
Thank you again for applying to the University of Minnesota!