- Bachelor's Degree - Anyone who has or will obtain a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable degree from an officially recognized college or university outside the U.S. may apply for graduate admission.
- GPA - In general, most graduate programs prefer an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher for admission. Consult your program of interest about specific GPA requirements.
- Test Scores
- GRE - Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores may be required by your program. For more information, see Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- English Proficiency - A TOEFL, MELAB, or IELTS test is required of most applicants whose native language is not English. For more information, see English language requirements.
- Letters of Recommendation - Many graduate programs require letters of recommendation, and they may require that letters be submitted via the online application. In most cases you can submit your application before letters of recommendation have been uploaded. Check with your program for specific requirements. Please do not have recommendation materials sent to the Graduate School Admissions Office.
Before You Apply
- Plan to Apply Early! See application deadlines. To ensure your application is processed as efficiently as possible, we strongly recommend that you submit your completed application (and all required materials) at least two weeks before your application deadline.
- Contact your major program of interest or visit its web site to find information about the program, its faculty and opportunities. You'll also find any additional admission requirements and deadline information. Programs that require specific materials may not review your application for admission until they receive these materials.
- You may wish to review Frequently Asked Questions pertaining to the application process.
Complete And Submit Your Application
- Apply Online to create and complete your application (you can save the form and return to it as often as you wish prior to submission).
- Upload transcripts and credentials (see box below for instructions).
- Pay the application fee from within the online application, and submit your application.
Important Information on Transcripts and Credentials:
What Happens After I Submit My Application?
- Your application is immediately available to your program for review.
- You will receive email status updates at each point in the admission process.
- To learn whether your GRE or TOEFL scores have been received by our office, click here.
- You can return to the application system to check the status of your application.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions pertaining to the post-submission application process.